08 March 2011

Poetry in Nature





Poetry in Nature. I have always been fascinated by the magical world of macro photography. As if looking into another realm of fantasy. While learning my craft in this genre, I discovered another facet of nature amidst its simplicity... the drama of shapes, the harmony of colors, and its magical connection with sunlight. I found the Poetry in Nature.

Since then, I always try to capture a different view of the little things that we see in nature. The changing colors, the varying textures, the abstract of life itself on a minuscule scale. Far from the ordinary photographs of flowers or insects, capturing the poetry of nature is more on understanding its essence and the relation to one another. Seeing them in a different view, not merely as subjects, but works or arts waiting to be painted in your canvas.


Last Monday, I was supposed to have a meeting with a new client, but was canceled due to his health. Instead of going back home, I decided to look for a place to shoot, since I already have my gears with me. With the sun getting low... and with Manila Bay taking more than an hour to reach, I opted to visit my friends again in wildlife (NAPWC) for a macro shoot. But to my dismay, not a single flower or butterflies in sight! Not even tiny insects to greet my macro lens!!! We'll of course, mosquitoes and flies are more than eager to welcome me. 

I just don't understand how a Nature Park could not have any single flower, and it's been raining for the past days. Anyway, It didn't dampen my spirit... (or just a tiny bit ^_^)  I just went ahead and scower the place as I normally do. Looking like a fool, bending here and there, with nose down in the grasses.


Thank Heavens for the leaves and wild grasses, I didn't come home empty handed. But rather quite happy with my finds. They may not be what I expected, but they are rather exquisite, bathed in the setting sun.

























After awhile, I did find some small insects nesting on leaves. Though they're not as interesting to me as a butterfly or a bee, still, I manage to get some decent shots out of them.






As the light were getting low and the clouds were getting darker, I decided it was time to head home. But on my way back, I spotted a tiny flower hidden behind the leaves of a fallen tree. I don't know what kind of flowering tree it was, but am sure was grateful to have met him. It was dangling from a branch and not really visible from the path, so I guess, Lady Luck must have smiled at me.




Now my friends are complete!... it was time to go home and get ready for a brief exercise. (It's just a walking distance from wildlife to my place in Matalino St.) I may have wasted a small amount of time and taxi fare going to a canceled appointment, but I did have a great time visiting old friends in Ninoy Aquino Parks and Wildlife Center


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...